Sunday, January 31, 2021

Blog Migration to "The Other Side of Sixty-Five"


I started this blog in 2006 and over the next several years, chronicled my journey through life on a personal and spiritual level. The next 15 years brought many external changes and I changed as well. How unnatural it would be if maturity did not bring any transition, preferably growth over decay!

My mother was the biggest fan of my first blog and when she died in 2013, it became more difficult to motivate myself to write and share. Blogging had been largely displaced by quick shares of a few words or pictures on other social media platforms. Our collective attention spans had shrunk to absorbing only mini-bytes of information at a time, often without critical thinking or verification.

My milestone birthday was in the first month of 2020 and no one had any idea at that time how the world would be altered a few short weeks later. I was preparing to retire and had a mental image of what the next few years would look like, visiting our grandchildren, travelling, and volunteering. The events of the past 11 months are unprecedented in my years, but life for me has been rewarding and replete with new learning and perspective. For that I am very thankful.

I have started a new blog called The Other Side of Sixty-Five. Feel free to visit as I continue my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.