Sunday, August 12, 2007

All things Bright and Beautiful

In my last post I wrote about some of the hard things observed in the past week. Thankfully, there was plenty beauty too. The above pictures, all taken in the past few days, depict this. They remind me of this children's hymn I learned at primary school in South Africa.

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all...

Cecil Alexander 1848

Wishing everyone a good week ahead, full of blessing and beauty!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good week also! I just love all those photos and your poem! These are all thing bright and beautiful for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images Ruth, just beautiful. Wishing you a lovely week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth,

    Wonderful post! Beautiful. Who is that little girl twirling her hair and thinking? Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read your blog, the melody of All Things Bright and Beautiful is running through my head. I too learned it, one country away from you, and loved singing it. I was most disappointed when I first sand it in the U.S. that they used a different tune here.
    Lovely photos to go with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful collage. What a wonderful way to start the week. Thanks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monarch- I enjoy the beauty you share with others too.

    Jayne- And hope you see plenty of beauty too, at work and at home.

    Mary- The little girl is the daughter of the doctor on our unit. She came for a party at the hospital with her 2 sisters. She was watching her cake being cut...and she was sweeter than the cake.

    KGMom- Yes, they really have the tune wrong here in North America. I think I still remember all the verses. Interesting that you learned it too.

    Thanks Cathy- I know why I take walks every noon hour. Seeing beautiful things makes every day a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.