Friday, August 04, 2006

Stop and smell the roses… There is a beautiful rose garden at the back of the hospital. Patients will ask to have their therapy session in the rose garden and we comply as often as possible in the summertime. I walk in the back door each morning just so I can see and smell the roses before I start work.
One morning this week I saw Peter Rabbit relaxing comfortably in the garden while enjoying the view.

Dr. Edward Hallowell has a new book called Crazybusy: Overstretched, Overbooked, and About to Snap! Strategies for Coping in a World Gone Add. He offers suggestions on how to “unsnarl frantic lives by teaching ourselves to move from the F-state–frenzied, flailing, fearful, forgetful, furious–to the C-state–cool, calm, clear, consistent, curious, courteous.” We see far too many people each day in the F-state...even ourselves.

One of Dad's favourite songs is In the Garden. Here is a picture I took "while the dew is still on the roses". Too bad I couldn't capture and share the scent as well.

Have a happy, C-state holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the roses are pretty, but lilacs smell better (nyaaah!!!):D

    Do you have any idea how much I love that rabbit picture???

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.