Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Flowers: Yellow and Blue


Here are some yellow and blue flowers from my garden. The yellow ones were a gift from a patient's garden, the name unknown to me. The blue Forget-me-nots have seeded themselves everywhere in the flower beds, even in the lawn. They will be pulled out when the blooms are done. I love their delicate colour and shape.


Along the edge of the woods, blue and yellow violets poke through old leaves which cover the ground.


Blue and yellow blend to make green. The Jack-in the-Pulpit grew in a lovely natural arrangement near a stream. The green ferns are opening in my garden amidst the little blue flowers.

Everything is blooming most recklessly;
if it were voices instead of colors,

there would be an unbelievable shrieking
into the heart of the night.


Rainer Maria Rilke

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pics. I love spring flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a gazillion forget-me-nots in Sarnia. My Dad planted them. Alas, although we tried, they did not take here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yellows and blues! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Ruth! I've always been so intrigued by the jack-in-the-pulpits. It looks like you have a rather soggy climate, from these pictures, but I don't think that's true, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and lovely colors. I do love Jack-in-the-Pulpit. As a child, I used to find them and do "sermons" in the woods, preaching to the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack-in-the-Pulpits are intriguing. I don't think we have them here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Forget-Me-Not flowers everywhere, too. I love the wild flowers, and it's great to see what's growing in other regions. I like the quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice! I like the green plants on the bottom best.-It looks like the forget-me-nots have not forgotten you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:50 pm GMT-4

    Blues and yellows are such a pretty combination, definitely spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth,

    When I was a child we would search the woods in spring for the hepaticas, adder tongues, jack-in-the-pulpit and trillum. There was a little woods right on our propery and it was always alive with color in the spring.

    I have forget-me-nots once again. I love them and wish they lasted longer.

    Thanks for a wonderful tour.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tons of forget-me-nots in my yard. They threaten to take it over! There could be worse plants that invade, however.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely spring flower pictures, Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice colors, Ruth. I particularly like that yellow aster/daisy like flower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all your comments. Ginger, we have had a rather soggy month, but our climate is not usually that wet. SG, Forget me nots die off every year and re-seed. They do get everywhere, but not like invasive perennials.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:58 pm GMT-4

    Stunning photos and our forget-me-nots have been spreading all through my garden! Also love your Jack-in-the-pulpit and they are such great plants!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.