Wednesday, July 26, 2006


I have mentioned Grandma a couple of times in my entries....here is more about her life.



Both of my maternal grandparents were medical doctors. My grandmother was one of the first women to graduate in medicine from the University of Toronto. I never knew my grandfather as he died prematurely when my mother was 16 years old. Grandma was one of the most influential people in my life. I enjoyed her wisdom and wit until she died in 1990, just before her 94th birthday. She loved life, traveled widely, made friends easily, and encouraged us to do the same. She used to take me to a local nursing home to help her serve ice cream in the tuck shop. I learned to be comfortable around older people. I think of her often and remember her advice when I work with my older patients.



I remember doing dissections in anatomy class, but I don’t remember having fun!

2 comments:

  1. Was that Grandma Pierson or Grandma Devons (I think I misspelt both of those...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Grandma Devins...
    Audrey Mabelle Cecelia Bulmer-Devins
    Your great grandfather was Clifford Devins.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.