Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What time of day are you?



Finally, a well designed quiz that was very accurate. I couldn't have described myself better (other than the cat part...).

Ruth is 6:49 a.m.

You're the time of day right around sunrise, when the sky is still a pale bluish gray. The streets are empty, and the grass and leaves are a little bit sparkly with dew. You are the sound of a few chirpy birds outside the window. You are quiet, peaceful, and contemplative. If you move slowly, it's not because you're lazy ? it's because you know there's no reason to rush. You move like a relaxed cat, pausing for deep stretches that make your muscles feel alive. You are long sips of tea or coffee (out of a mug that's held with both hands) that slowly warm your insides just as the sun is brightening the sky.

I had Becka take the quiz too and it described her to a "T"! Today is her birthday. While she looks like me, she is very different in some ways. How boring it would be if she were my clone or if I tried to make her follow my routine. We are going out for high tea at a lovely old resort in the area. Tea is at 3:00 PM so Becka should be up and ready.

Becka is 11:59 a.m.

You are late-sleepy relaxation, the half-awake moment when you realize it's morning, but you don't have to get up, because there's no place you have to be. You are that cozy spot under the covers where everything feels temporarily perfect, even if you know you'll eventually have to wiggle out and start the day. Maybe you're the artistic type, who doesn't function well on a normal schedule. Sleep's important to you, and you like the freedom of sleeping as late as you want (especially since that is closely related to the freedom to stay up as late as you want). You like to roll out of bed, put on some comfy clothes, and get a laid back start to the day. If not everything on your list gets accomplished, no worries. Your only priority is having no priorities ? you just want to take things at a slow, mellow pace.

Happy Birthday Becka!

19 comments:

  1. I'm a 6:49 a.m., too. And truly, I love the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another 6:49 a.m. here as well. It will be interesting to see if all your regular readers are six-forty-niners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass along extra birthday wishes to the Becka. I occasionally peek at her blog, and enjoy her point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy B-Day Becka!

    (I'm one of those early morning people too!)

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm ... I came out a 6:49 person too.

    Happy celebrating Becka's B/Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:28 pm GMT-5

    Enjoyed the quiz - I'm in the 6:49 a.m. category, too. I've always been a morning person and absolutely savour those "long sips of tea".
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 6;49 also! Have a great day. HB, Becka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:41 pm GMT-5

    Also 6:49, I am seeing a trend with your readers here!

    Mmmm morning tea...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh! High tea! Happy Birthday, Becka!

    I'd love to be a 6:49er . . . alas . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, happy birthday to Becka!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Ruth, I laughed at this one. Mothers and Daughters can be so opposite but it makes for an interesting relationship!

    Happy Birthday, Becka! I love your style!

    I'm a 6:49 a.m. person, too, which surprises me. I really do like Becka's style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth,
    This was a fun quiz. Here's my result (it made me LOL):
    You are 3:15 p.m.
    You are the moment when the last bell rings and school lets out for the day. You are resistant to schedules and obligations, so you love feeling like you're in control of your life again.

    Happy Birthday to Becka--she'll always be your baby, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:57 pm GMT-5

    Very cool for sure and Happy Birthday Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth. Just for fun I took the quiz and I am the same time of the day as you are - 6:49 a.m. And it looks like a bunch of us are in "good company!" Now we can put all of us 6:49ers together at Lynne's Hasty Brook Retirement community! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:10 pm GMT-5

    Well, Ruth... My kindred Spirit... does it surprise you that I am a 6:49, too. (I wonder if there is a quiz result that is even earlier... hmmm...)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi everyone! Interesting comments and funny to see so many early morning bloggers. I do like Ruthie's description. I am curious about Cathy and Jayne...

    And thanks for the birthday wishes for Becka.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a 6:49er too.-Happy Birthday Becka!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Granddad & Nana are both 6:49 ers. Perhaps for almost 55 years of being together but different in many other ways.

    You are really special to us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is up with all the 6:49ers!? Morning's are evil!!! LONG LIVE THE NIIIIGHT!!!!! (Ruthie J, you rock! 3:15 p.m. - nice to see someone break the trend).

    Thanks everyone for the b-day wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.