Friday, September 22, 2006

dementia unit

locked doors
keep the wanderer safe.
small windows
restrict the outside view.
pace the floor
trying to escape.

can’t remember
place or time or date.
language gone,
how can you know my needs?
family visits,
i don’t recall their names.

hug me,
smile and talk and sing.
hold my hand,
please let me feel the sun.
love me.
remember who I’ve been.

this sweet lady was so sad today... our staff tried to comfort and cheer her.... i wonder what the world looks like to bubba... world alzheimer's day sept 21, 2006

2 comments:

  1. Aww...poor lady :(

    I liked what you did to you photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 pm GMT-5

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.