Friday, September 22, 2006

A list of some accomplishments this year…

Jaspenelle tagged me, so I shall be a good sport. I stopped making New Year’s resolutions a long time ago, and try to set myself small goals at frequent intervals instead. In middle age, it is easy to fall into a routine and stop learning new things. It really does get harder to accept change as you get older. But,
“It is necessary to try to surpass one's self always; this occupation ought to last as long as life.”

I have visited places this year that I had never seen before including some parts of northern Mexico and Manitoulin Island

I have worked to keep healthy with exercise, good eating habits and stress management

I love my job and look forward to work every day. It is so rewarding to help people gain strength and independence.

I have also learned two new computer charting and statistics systems at work since March (without too much complaining)

I can now understand some HTML codes

Blogging has given me a creative outlet for all the ideas and experiences I was going to write in a book (when I retired). It has allowed me to interact in a new way with family and new friends.

I read the manual for my digital camera! (my photos are getting better…surprise!)

I worry far less about what people think of me and have way more confidence than when I was half my age (why did that take so long??)

I rode a motorcycle

{I think my next list should be some goals that I want to achieve in the next year...a good exercise...thanks Jaspenelle}

1 comment:

  1. You have accomplished so much :)

    You rode a motocycle - oooo now I'm jealous ;) Did you like it though?

    I enjoy having goals but I have come to terms with the fact all but a few of mine change like the seasons...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.