Monday, December 14, 2009

Festive Food


This is the time of year for special foods and treats. Rich desserts, squares, cookies and candies seem to be everywhere. I have been looking for some healthy but festive recipes to take to potlucks and parties. Yesterday I constructed my first fruit bouquet and here is the result. These can be purchased at specialty stores and are quite pricey. We have had one or two given as parting gifts from patients at the hospital and I found they looked better than they tasted as the fruit was too unripe for my liking. Harder fruits are easier to work with.
I found this website with instructions for various fruity creations and made one in a mini-watermelon base with a head of lettuce as the support for the bamboo skewers. And it was fun to do. I will put more detailed instructions on my recipe blog just in case the link above goes dead.

6 comments:

  1. That is really cool! And such an attractive alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! The end result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good enough to eat.I can almost taste the strawberries.It is pretty as well.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT looks just delicious Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! Impressive! Looks too nice to eat. Those would be a great idea for lots of occasions; bridal showers, baby showers, summer BBQ's, afternoon tea...a delightful center piece indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.