Monday, October 18, 2010

Fallen Leaves


"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, 
and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October."
-  Nathaniel Hawthorne


"Bittersweet October.  The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause
between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."
-   Carol Bishop Hipps


"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time
to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
-   Elizabeth Lawrence


I saw old Autumn in the misty morn
Stand, shadowless like Silence, listening
To Silence.
- Thomas Hood


9 comments:

  1. Perfect autumn scenes Ruth. Love the Elizabeth Lawrence quote. Indeed, we have to pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more beautiful then the autumn colors laying scattered at my feet. I purposely kicked my feet through the fallen leaves just to hear the rustling. I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuppa loves to scrunch leaves, and I love that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rather miss the piles of crunchy color to play in and the smell of leaves burning. It's definitely fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are beautiful, but I really love the last photo of the mist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fantastic shots. They capture EVERYTHING that is the beauty of Fall! I love the quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely...my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-what great orange in that top photo!I like fall but not so much raking leaves.I try to bury them in my yard instead of bag them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.