Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Kind of Television

I just bought Tea Time for the Traditionally Built, the latest book in Alexander McCall Smith's series The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency. The books are set in Botswana and have become favourites of mine. I did not realize they have been made into a television series which is available on HBO. We do not subscribe to this channel and the DVD's are not yet available in North America. But The Becka, of the computer savvy generation, found one online episode for me here.

She also found the movie pilot here.

Guess who will be preordering this set?! Maybe it will be available in Canada by December.

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the series, but we do get HBO and I'm going to check it out. I don't watch enough television to keep up with what's on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch T.V. either. But I love to read. Will check out this book. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I am sure you will not be surprised to learn we have watched the entire series thus far.
    It looks as though they will be preparing a second series.
    I have really enjoyed them--having also read all the books to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy these books very much. Whenever I need to hide from ugliness, I curl up with Mma Ramotswe and remember the old ways of good manners and conversation and kindness. We don't have HBO but, like you, I think the boxed set sounds like an excellent wish for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those books too. I was not aware of this newest one or the TV show!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.