Monday, May 07, 2007

Psalm 104

Praise to the Sovereign Lord For His Creation and Providence

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty,...

He sends the springs into the valleys;
They flow among the hills.
They give drink to every beast of the field;
The wild donkeys quench their thirst.
By them the birds of the heavens have their home;
They sing among the branches.

He waters the hills from His upper chambers;
The earth is satisfied with the fruit of Your works.
He causes the grass to grow for the cattle,
And vegetation for the service of man,
That he may bring forth food from the earth,
And wine that makes glad the heart of man,
Oil to make his face shine,
And bread which strengthens man's heart.
He appointed the moon for seasons;
The sun knows its going down.
You make darkness, and it is night,
In which all the beasts of the forest creep about.
The young lions roar after their prey,
And seek their food from God.

When the sun rises, they gather together
And lie down in their dens.
Man goes out to his work
And to his labor until the evening.
O Lord, how manifold are Your works!
In wisdom You have made them all.
The earth is full of Your possessions—

May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
May the Lord rejoice in His works.

Pictures taken along the Bruce Trail at Websters Falls and Spencer Gorge on the Niagara Escarpment, Hamilton, Ontario

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! Looks like you had a lovely walk. Blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here at work, I felt a sense of "calmness" for a few minutes. Thanks, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stuck indoors cleaning today. Thanks for the reminder of the wonders going on outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ruth - So beautiful. A bit of heaven on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ginger- Yes, it one of my favourite beautiful places to walk. Blessings to you too!

    Mary- You're welcome. Those peaceful images and words can keep me balanced on a busy day.

    Jayne- This spring is glorious!

    Lynne- If I am outdoors, I don't see the dirt indoors. I am outdoors a lot... ;-)

    Cathy- I don't think man can create anything more beautiful than spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful-Reminds me that I should be thankful to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larry- yes, life is a precious gift. I see that every day in my work. (I think there is something between the lines in your comment)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.