Sunday, July 08, 2007
Eight Random Facts Meme
Within 24 hours, I was tagged by Nina, Jennifer, Jayne and Laura to participate in the eight random facts meme. I thought about this yesterday and determined I must be one of the most boring people around because I struggled to come up with even two items that were remotely interesting. This is the most difficult meme I have done and I won't be tagging anyone else! I have probably shared a number of these things in posts over the past year. (This month marks a full year of blogging) Here goes....
1. I was born in Pretoria, South Africa and have crossed the Atlantic Ocean three times by boat.
2. In spite of travelling extensively as a child, my first trip on an airplane was when I was 22 years old. Compared to others in my birth family, I have travelled very little.
3. I have four younger brothers. By the age of 12 I had quite a bit of "parenting" experience, mainly in bossing my brothers around and changing the diapers of the youngest two. I think they all love me! :-)
4. I enjoy being with people, but I don't mind being alone, in fact, solitude is necessary from time to time.
5. I prefer to serve than be served. At social gatherings, I like to help with the food and clean up instead of sitting around. Sitting for long periods of time makes me very restless. (This is why I avoid meetings at work as much as possible)
7. I love HOT and spicy food, Mexican, Indian, Thai, Mediterranean... I enjoy trying new ethnic dishes.
8. I am off work for the next two weeks, and am looking forward to a change of routine, a little more rest, a little travel, seeing something new. I will be reading and writing posts more irregularly for a while. Vacation time is so important and I find it hard to believe that there are people who don't take time off from work each year.